Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Vegan Tuesday: Vegan Coconut & Almond Ice Cream



Last week I demonstrated how to open a coconut and make coconut milk , and to continue that discussion, I thought I'd show a couple of ways to use the products you made!  I was able to take the coconut milk and process it into ice cream!  This is a really great way to make a sweet treat, especially if you are keeping vegan.  Even if you are not vegan, this is still a sweet, delicious treat to make on a hot summer's day.



Vegan Coconut & Almond Ice Cream

yield: about 2-3 cups of ice cream
[printable recipe]

Ingredients
2 cups of coconut milk (or Two 15-ounce cans full-fat coconut milk, divided)
1 cup of almond milk
3/4 cup simple syrup (or 1 cup of granulated sugar)

Instructions
1. Whisk together ingredients until all combined and sugar is dissolved.
2. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Serve with a sprinkle of dehydrated coconut.


If you'd like to see something baked next week for Baking Thursday, please let me know in the comments! If you like what you've seen here, please follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to receive updates.

facebook-like-me-button1         Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment