Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Roasted Curried Baby Carrots



In the effort to eat more veggies (and use things up that are in the refrigerator), I'm going to be posting a few vegetarian and vegan dishes in the future.  So, over the past weekend I was travelling back to my grand-ol' home state of Michigan, and I was fortunate enough to return home with a bunch of baby carrots.  Now, I don't usually buy baby carrots, because they can get all weird and dry and/or slimy in the fridge.  I typically buy normal sized carrots and cut them up myself.  However, I wanted to find something to do with these,and not waste them!

Luckily, I visited my favorite place in Michigan to get spices, Holiday Market in Royal Oak, Mi.  Buying spices in bulk there is so much less expensive than buying them in the small containers in the grocery store.  Whenever I happen to be in that area and need spices, I tend to go a little overboard.  I bought chili powder, cardamom, curry, onion powder, garlic powder, caraway seeds, oregano, coriander, & crushed red pepper flakes on this trip, all for about 10-12 dollars.  Can't beat that!!

I've really never worked with curry before, so I thought I'd give it a go on these carrots.  And WOW did it work out great!!  And, for better measure, it was sooooo easy!  This would make a great side dish to any meal.

Roasted Curried Baby Carrots

by quinnstitch.blogspot.com
yield: 16 oz
[printable recipe]

Ingredients
1 small package of baby carrots (1 lb)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2.  In a medium bowl, mix together baby carrots, olive oil, curry, salt, pepper, & garlic powder.
3. When well mixed, pour onto baking sheet lined with tin foil
4.  Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cooked through.


Thanks so much for visiting. I really appreciate everyone who reads and comments. If you like what you've seen here, please follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to receive updates.

facebook-like-me-button1         Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment