Tuesday, December 18, 2012

How to make: Eggnog Cookies

Who likes eggnog?  I like it! me! me!  Most people I know don't really like it, most likely due to the thickness of it.  For me, I feel like it's a part of the tradition of the holiday.  Especially with a little nutmeg sprinkled on top!

"But Laurie, it's so thick and disgusting!!"

Well, I've got a better option for you.  Let's make it into a cookie, so you can get the flavor without the weird texture!



Gather your ingredients...

Eggnog Cookies
½ cup white sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup butter, softened
½ cup eggnog
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
2¼ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¾ tsp ground nutmeg


Preheat oven to 300°F.

Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Set aside.


Cream sugars and butter until light and fluffy



Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks. Beat at medium speed with mixer until smooth.



Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined. Do not overmix.


Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.


Bake 20 to 23 minutes until bottoms turn light brown.


Enjoy!


If you liked this let me know in the comments!  And don't forget to follow me on Facebook and Twitter!






No comments:

Post a Comment